Archive | Article RSS feed for this section
The reason we'll never make progress in overcoming childhood obesity is that we are unwilling to consider that “moderation is not the key” and “small changes do not make a big difference”. We need a paradigm shift. We need a tsunami approach: break it all down and start over. In a recent review of interventions for preventing obesity in children, researchers at the University of Melbourne reviewed 55 childhood obesity studies to determine what works, why, and for whom. Despite reviewing [Read more]
On August 19, Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller issued a call for whistleblowers to step forward and help the state and federal government crack down on health care and pharmaceutical industries that defraud the government of billions of dollars. Announcing that the Indiana Medicaid program would recover $9.52 million from a record $2.3 billion federal lawsuit won against Pfizer, Zoeller said that fraud on Medicare and Medicaid each year is estimated to be a multi-billion-dollar problem. [Read more]
We've heard obesity can be "spread" between friends when we copy each other's eating habits, but a new study in mice suggests obesity could actually be infectious. That's right, infectious. As in, something you can catch. In the study, mice engineered to have a particular immune deficiency developed fatty liver disease and got fatter when fed a Western-style diet. But strikingly, when these immune-deficient mice were put in the same cage as healthy mice, the healthy mice started to come down [Read more]
- Minding Your Mitochondria December 23, 2011
- Food Bullies December 20, 2011
- Dairy: Essential Nutrition or Health Saboteur? January 6, 2012
- Obesity Study In Mice Suggests Condition May Be Infectious January 25, 2012
- How Bacteria Talk May 20, 2013
- All Disease is Cell Disease June 12, 2015
- Dad Supports Son During Chemotherapy July 10, 2014
- Vitamin K April 12, 2014
- Watermelon Radish Salad March 27, 2014
- That Smell is Making Me Crazy March 26, 2014
- site: Hi! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site ...
- http://soloviral.net/mira-como-reacciona-este-husky-cuando-lo-molestan: You are so cool! I do not think I've read anythin...
- Tegan: An impressive share! I've just forwarded this ont...
- eebest8: I truly appreciate this article.Really thank you!...
- https://www.fiverr.com/eebest8: Awesome article. Cool....